The Fil-Am Vancouver Scholarship Award
Open to students pursuing a vocational, certificate, technical, associate, or bachelor’s degree program. Students pursuing advanced degree programs are not qualified.
Our 2021 Scholarship Application for Calendar Year 2022 will OPEN January 2021.
Submission deadline: SEPTEMBER 1, 2021 at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time
Two qualified students will each be awarded a $1,000 scholarship for the January 1-December 31, 2022 Calendar Year .
1. Must be a permanent resident of Clark County, Washington.
2. Must be a high school senior by the time of selection and award, or must be currently pursuing a vocational, certificate, technical, associate, or bachelor's degree program. A student pursuing an advanced degree program is not qualified.
3. If attending a college or university, must be registered for at least 6 credit hours.
4. Members and family members of the FAAV Scholarship Committee are not eligible to apply.
5. Must be of Filipino descent.
6. The Scholarship Award must be used no later than the immediate calendar year following the date of the award, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
1. Community and extra-curricular activities,
including employment history.
2. School transcripts showing academic achievement/GPA.
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation.
4. Personal statement (minimum 500-word essay).
5. Personal photo in jpg or png format.
Interested applicants can download the Scholarship description and Application Form. (Click on links to download).
For questions and requests for additional information, contact Bernie Gerhardt at email:
your donations help Fil-Am college students from Clark
FAAV Scholarship Program
Congratulations to our 2021 Scholars!!!
Community Outreach Project: Damayan Ngayon!
Damayan Ngayon is a 1-hour public service talk show program in the Philippines that features and tackles different informative subjects and solutions that will help those who are in need particularly the poor, calamity victims and those with no medical assistance, among others.
Hosted by news anchor William Thio and TV Host Emelie Katigbak, the program airs over the People’s Television Network Channel 4 in Manila every Friday from 2-3pm. The program revives the historic 1976 program of PTV, Damayan, and aims to highlight the spirit of giving and helping people help themselves. Hosted then by veteran actress and Philippine Red Cross member Rosa Rosal, Damayan is said to be the longest-running public service program in the Philippines.
Starting 2018, the Filipino-American Association of Vancouver, WA (FAAV) has committed to helping Damayan Ngayon and will be one of the association’s community outreach projects. Donation to Damayan Ngayon will be gladly accepted to be shipped to the poor in the Philippines. Suggested items are toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap bars, bath towels, canned food, and clothing.